Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fun Boxes from Cricut Art Phiolosophy Cartridge

Thought I would share my first attempt at 3D shapes with my new Cricut AP cartridge from Close to My Heart.  I'm still learning.  The cartridge has so many images to cut.   I made these cute little boxes for thank you's for the last gathering I had.  


The one on the left is made with paper from the new Dotty for You paper pack that will be available from April 1, through May 31.  These are flat open boxes.  You fill them and then fold the four flaps down and secure them closed.  I punched a hold in both of my top flaps and threaded through some seam binding ribbon, that I inked to match the box, and tied a neat little bow to close it.  The one on the right is just white cardstock with random stamping from a flower stamp in the Hooray Bouquet collection.  I used the Cricut to cut out the large flower, stamped it, and then glued one side to a flap.  I used a glue dot on the opposite side to secure it.    I cut these on 10 3/4" and they turned out a perfect size to stash an ink pad inside.  You could make these in varying sizes. You could make them tiny for little gifts like earrings or gift cards.  These were very fun to make and the possibilities are limitless.

Well, I'm off to cut out more stuff on my Cricut.  I hope to have more posted soon, so drop back by.  

For more information on the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection you can click here .  I believe there is a video out there that I will try to post, as well.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment