Monday, April 23, 2012

H2H April Scrapbook Sketch

The wonderful folks over at Heart to Heart posted their April H2H Scrapbook Sketch.


It just so happened that I had 2 sets of pictures that I thought would work nicely in it, so I gave it a shot.   I had a set of black and whites of my daughter from last year after her dance pictures. I had done a layout with the colored ones, but not the black and white.  I had tried a bunch of different papers with them, but I just couldn't make up my mind.  To be honest, I just wanted to stamp..lol.  So that's what I did.  Some days you just feel like stamping.   Here's what I ended up with.  The color in this photograph is not quite as crisp as it should be.  Hopefully I will master the art of taking a picture of scrapbook layouts.  Until then .....




Because I am not brave enough to stamp directly on my base, I cut my cardstock pieces and then stamped them.   Of course, I changed some things from the original sketch.  I left off the circle on this one and replaced a photo with embellishments.  My pictures are not all 4 x6.  The four on the bottom are 3.5 x5.   Aside from that it's very close.

For supplies I used: 
Cardstock:  white, black
CTMH Inks:  Black and Tulip
CTMH Stamps:  Enjoy; You've Got Flair; Potential; C1492; C1491
Punches:  Martha Stewart, EK Success, Fiskars
CTMH Sparkles..all over the place :)

I hope I didn't leave anything out.  I really didn't have a lot of supplies in this, just stamps.  I must say I had loads of fun stamping my heart out. I love the idea of being able to create my own papers.

The next layout is using the same sketch (and the same little girl only when she was sweeter :) ).  I actually have her permission to post this sketch.  That doesn't happen very often.  She thought it was cute enough, so I'm running with it.  This one is pretty much the same layout as the sketch. 


The green Dotty for You paper is what drew me to these pictures I think.  The rest of the paper is from Oriental Trading Company and miscellaneous buttons from my stash.   I realized after I took the picture of the layout, that I don't have a title.  So, a title will come later. It will probably read "Little Girl" since that's what my father always called her.  As with most of her toddling pictures, those are his legs behind her.  

Thank you Cheryl for putting together this sketch.  I love the challenges over at Heart 2 Heart.  If you haven't checked them out, you should.  It's full of inspiration.

Remember there is only one more week left to get the April's stamp of the month for $5 with a $50 purchase.  May brings some wonderful sunflower stamps, which I will post in just a bit.   You still have a chance to get your Dotty for You paper packs until the end of May.  These paper packs are 24 sheets of cardstock and with every $35 in products you can get a pack for only $5.   I posted a video on it below.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope to be posting more soon.   Happy Scrapping!
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm really impressed by all your stamping! Great job on both the layouts. On the first one, I like how you replaced the small picture on the left page with a die-cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! and thanks for the great sketch!

      Delete