Sunday, June 17, 2012

Studio J Homework - Finally done!

It just so happens that I am fortunate enough to get to go to convention for Close to My Heart this year.  I am soooo excited.  Everyone who is attending this year had homework to do prior to the convention.  All attendees got the chance to create five 2-page layouts.  The homework part is they assigned certain paper kits and layouts to use for each one.  They have all kinds of techniques they want everyone to be familiar with before convention.   It proved more challenging than I intended, only because my decision making skills are horrible :)

For those of you haven't tried Studio J, you really should give it a shot.  I am a classic scrapper.  I like getting my hands dirty and my desk messy.  But there is a place in my heart for Studio J as well.   I have also done digital scrapbooking with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.  It can be quite tedious with those programs.   Close to my Heart has elminated all that tedious work and created a program that allows you use of the digital versions of all the wonderful papers and embellishments they have.  There is no program or supplies to buy, only a membership and then the printed layouts you create.  So you don't have to worry about using space on your computer for the software.  You upload your pictures and use their online program.  As long as you have a computer and an internet connection, you're in business.  So whether you are sitting in the doctors office, in the pickup line at school, a friends house, or at your home, you can scrapbook. 

I just finished up my layouts today.  With the purchase of the layouts, as a member, you also get free .jpgs of your creations.    This enables you to post them online, as I am about to do, or put them in your screen saver rotation, which I am also about to do.   Here is layout #1:


The assignment started out like this:

Kit:  Lucy
Pattern:  Stars Above
Techniques: 
  • Deleting unneeded photos wells
  • Using text boxes to cover up portion of the pattern
  • Cropping My Stickease borders to make ribbon streamers
If you log into StudioJ and pick that kit and that pattern, you can see there are some differences.   I did follow the assignment directions exactly but then I added my spin on it. 

To keep this from being an incredibly long post, I'll add the rest of the pages one at a time for the rest of the week, so come back and see my creations.   Check out Studio J if you already haven't.  It's free to browse around. You can even create a layout or two and see how you like it.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Scrapping!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment