Monday, July 30, 2012

Flirty Card - Heart 2 Heart Scrap Challenge

I am still sorting through all my stuff from convention.  Mostly the unfinished create and takes.  Like I mentioned before, there was way too much going on for me to try to get anything done while I was there.    One of our projects was a layout using our little mini flip flaps and the Flirty paper.  I'm not quite done with that one yet, but close. The  Flirty paper pack is one my favorites in the new idea book. The colors are bold and somewhat different.   I like it.  From the layouts, I moved on to the cards project we had.  We had the makings for six cards made with all new papers and some new Cricut Artiste cut cards.  I started trying to make these cards by direction.  I just wasn't feeling it though.  But I had all this stuff for these cards so nicely cut out and prepackaged.  So, what I ended up doing (because I can't follow directions to save my soul...lol) was combine a couple of these cards and threw in some scraps I had from my Flirty layout I wasn't quite through with.  This is what I came up with.....


This was a combination of cards #1 and #3 for those of you who were at convention. This is what I used: 

Paper:  Flirty B&T bamboo roses and the colorful roses, Flirty Raspberry cardstock (only available in the Flirty paper pack - great color!), Colonial White cardstock, and I'm going to guess that's New England Ivy cardstock around the tag
Inks:  Desert Sand, Olive
Embellishments:  Brown Sparkle Assortment (Z1753) sparkles, Autumn Lane Assortment (Z1749) pins
Stamps:  Angelic Blessings(C1507)

I love that raspberry color in the Flirty line. The colored roses B&T was a scrap piece from my layout project and the green paper behind it is actually some Colonial White I had leftover from something else.   I didn't have a green paper the right color so I grabbed the Olive ink and daubed it on.  It gave it a kind of green suede look.  It's hard to see from this picture, but this card has a scalloped edge.  This is cut with our new Artiste Cricut cartridge.  I can't wait to play with it more.  The little tag in the front is also cut from the new cartridge.    The sentiment is from the Angelic Blessings stamp set stamped in Desert Sand ink.  The pins  are from the Autumn Lane Assortment and are really neat, thick resin flowers.  That package has little roses in the raspberry color, too,  along with two adhesive backed badge buttons that say "Family" and "Autumn."  All of this stuff is from our new idea book that goes live August 1st!

It seems I did a lot of talking for such a small card.  It's only 4 1/2 x 4 3/4.  But I wanted to share with you it's origins.   And because it's made with scraps, it fits the bill for this week's Heart2Heart challenge.  It's a "use your scraps" challenge.   If you get a chance you should head over there and check them out.  They always have amazing artwork posted.   

That's it for me tonight.   I hope to be posting more this week, so check back soon.    Thanks for stopping by.  

Happy Scrapping!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this card! I was at convention and came home with most of my projects untouched as well! Agree with you on Flirty ... lovin' the raspberry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this paper pack and you did awesome using up some scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing with us this week at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card and wonderful use of Flirty paper.

    ReplyDelete