Sunday, July 1, 2012

Graduation Cards


July is already here?  Where did June go?  Time is flying.  I'm running a little bit behind on everything it seems.  I was about to put some graduation gifts in the mail and thought I would share them with you.  This year all my graduates were girls.  After seeing and falling in love with Lisa Stenz's little butterfly project for June I knew what I wanted to do for these girls.  So I whipped them up a set each of monogramed 3x3  butterfly cards.  I did one set in a rainbow of colors and the other two all in chocolate.   All in all I thought they turned out really sweet. 


In the image below you can see how horrible my lighting is.  Those cards are the same cards as the ones above. 

Thank you Lisa Stenz for such a wonderful project idea.  Of course, I did mine a little different, but the same idea.  Everything here is Close to My Heart with exception of the little clear boxes. 

Supplies: 
     Inks - Chocolate, and for my rainbow set Juniper, Gypsy, Cotton Candy, Sorbet, Goldrush
     Stamps -- Quick Card Butterfly, Token Alphabet
     Paper - Kraft, Colonial White ( I put an insert in to write on)
     Ribbon -- Dark Chocolate Striped Ribbon
     The round tags were cut from the Cricut AP cartridge

After getting those done I decided to try my hand at graduation cards.   Being new to the card making scene, I hadn't tried a graduation card.  I really liked how these turned out.  I hope the girls do.  I decided to do them as 6x6 cards.   I wanted to do them all different, but yet the same (makes sense right?)  I tried to get as close to their school colors as I could.


I used the Love Life stamp set and made the black and white patterned paper.  The For You stamp set was used for the strip on the right edge and for the sentiment on the far right card.  Those two stamp sets I find myself using over and over.   The cap and flourish was a silhouette image. I used 3d foam tape to lift the little cap off the paper to add some dimension.   The other two title/sentiments I typed in photoshop and printed out.   I personalized the inside of each one.  That's probably what I like most about making my own cards, aside from the fun of creating, is being able to personalize.

I'm going to go finish up my next project which I hope to have done and posted on here early next week. I'm making a photo frame for a little girl which is due to arrive sometime around the 4th.   So I have to hurry!  Lol.   Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Scrapping!





No comments:

Post a Comment