Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cricut Card Holder

I'm still investigating all the images and 3d projects on our new Cricut Artiste cartridge.  I doubt I will ever be able to cut them all out.  I kept seeing these nifty little card holders on the boards but had never tried one for myself.  I found them and put a couple together for myself.  I LOVE them.  These would make such great gifts, too.  Who wouldn't love a set of cards in a matching card holder?


I had been making cards from the freshly retired Sonoma paper so I thought it only fitting to make them their own holder.  You cut the holder on 6" to hold your standard 4.75x5.5 cards.   There are actually seven embellished cards and their envelopes in this holder.  I would say that was the maximum.

What I used for this one was the Sonoma B&T and Bamboo cardstock.  I decided I would use my new monogram stamp.   They fit on a 1.25" circle, which is perfect since we have a 1.25" circle punch.  The leaves were cut from the Cricut in Olive cardstock.  The edges were inked in either Smokey Plum or Bamboo.   The flowers were little white paper flowers that my friend had given me long ago.  I took our Smokey Plum alcohol markers and colored them.  It worked great.  I colored the little pearls in the center of the flowers with the same markers.  The white was too stark to me, so the markers just gave a hint of color and softened them just enough.

That's it for me tonight.  Back to work for me tomorrow.  It seems that Isaac has spared us so far.  Tomorrow may prove differently.  Stay safe everyone!

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! Thanks for sharing the how-to details. I'll be giving this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Marg. I have a feeling I will be doing lots of these.

    ReplyDelete