Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Flirty Flip Flaps

I just realized it's been almost two weeks since I have posted anything on here.  Where does the time go?  I know a lot of my time has been spent playing with the new Artiste Cricut cartridge.  I don't think I will ever get through all of it!   I kept telling myself I still had layouts to finish up.  Just this past weekend I finally got through with two of the convention projects I had started.   The first one was a layout with the Flirty paper pack.  I really did fall in love with it when I saw it.  It was different from what I would normally do and had those bold Flirty colors.  Love, love, love.   This layout had a few firsts for me.  One being the new alcohol ink markers.  These are great! I do love them.  The other being the small Flip Flaps. At first I was unsure and thought about just not using them, but I'm so glad I did.  They are fun!  I can see where this could enhance any page.  Now they come in such a wide array of sizes, too.   Needless to say, I put all of them on my next "to order" list.  


The cutting guide for this layout is on page 31 of the new Make it from Your Heart pattern book.  I really liked the layout. I think the little floating circles intrigued me.   The circle accents are made with two circles.  You fold down four sides, toward the middle of one circle, then adhere it to the bottom circle.  It was a little tedious at times, but I love the effect.  The rose accents were made with the Love Blooms (C1511) stamp set. I have already gotten a lot of use out of that stamp set.  The roses were colored with the Autumn Terracotta marker set and the leaves with the Olive marker set.    I stamped the roses and the leaves with our black ink on Colonial White cardstock and let them dry well and then just colored and shaded with the markers.  I love the way they work.

Can you see the flip flaps?  These all come with a self adhesive strip.  You simply slide the strip under the adjoining paper, photo or embellishment.  I would definitely dry fit these to make sure everything lines up right.  They are serious about their adhesion, once they are there they are permanent!


This is the one on the top left side of the page.  To me these are perfect for incorporating some photos that might not have been front page worthy, but you didn't want to leave them out.  The other one is in the middle on the right page.


I hid my journaling behind this one.  These are just fun.  My daughter looked at these and said, "That's great, but how are you going to see them when they are in the album?"  Well, we cut our page protectors.   Another great thing about CTMH  page protectors, these things are sturdy.  After you put your  flip flaps on your page you slide the page into the page protector.


I use a sharpy and mark a small circle on the outside of the page protector just above and below where my actual flip flap is.  I then pull my page back out of the protector and put in a cutting mat.


I use a punch and punch a hole on each of my marks.  Then I take the exacto knife and a ruler and cut a slit from one hole to the other.


Once you get your slits cut, then slide your page back in, give yourself a little room,  extend the flip flap and pull it through the slit.


So now your flip flap photo is on the outside of the page protector, but still well protected.  Now its an interactive layout!  I can't wait to do more of these.   These come in sizes from 2"x 2" all the way up to 8" x12".   You can find them on page 122 of the new idea book.   Me being new to CTMH, this was way cool to me. I had never used these.   For those who have been familiar with CTMH longer, you probably know all about these little jewels.  But when I find something I love, I just have to share :)

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll be putting up pictures of my very first mini album,  hopefully, tomorrow.  So, stop back by and  see what's new.

Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. So glad I'm a follower! Great work, Maureen
    Somethingtoscrapabout

    ReplyDelete