Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Few Butterflies

I was doing a little experimenting tonight.  Every now and then I will see something and just have to try it.  Sadly, I don't remember where I saw the original card, but it was gorgeous.  I knew I couldn't recreate it exactly, but I could come close.  I don't have an embossing/die cut machine.  I keep seeing all these beautiful cards with this lovely embossed papers.  I think I am going to put one on my Christmas list.  But until Santa comes,  I'll have to figure out how to get the same look by some other means.



The original card I saw had an embossed frame on the face of the card and lots of bling.  I didn't want to do all the rhinestone flourishing on the front, so I opted for heat embossing.  With my lighting its a little hard to see, but I used the flourish from the Love Life stamp set and our clear detail embossing powder.  I stamped it with Versamark, coated, then heat set.    I cut a card face slightly smaller than my card and used my embossing stylus (after I stamped)  and my scoring board to make it look like a frame.   Here's a closer look.


It's super easy to do and an option if you don't have an embossing/die cutting machine.  I thought it added just a little dimension to my basically all white card.  The butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch and I added a few bitty gems.  The sentiment is from the 4 My Friend stamp set.

My daughter told me there wasn't enough color in the first card so I made another one with a little color.


That's the same flourish from Love Life stamped in Whisper ink.  The butterflies are the same as above, I just used a dauber and Buttercup ink to give them a hint of color.  This sentiment is from the Casual Expressions stamp set.  I did the same thing on the front of this card. I outlined about 1/8" from the edge with my embossing stylus on my scoreboard.  Make sure to remember to emboss from the back.

I'm hoping that I will continue celebrating World Card Making Day all week long.  My goal is to make at least one a night.  I'll be posting more later this week.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment