Sunday, October 14, 2012

More Flakey Friends

I am still having fun with my Flakey Friends.  These guys are just fun.  They make me smile.  I hope they have the same effect on whoever receives these cards.  This time I thought I would try for a blue Christmas.    So here are my little fellows in blue. 


This time I took advantage of the beautiful day outside to take the picture of this one.  The colors are definitely more true to life.  Again, I stamped the images in Memento Black ink.  I used the Sky and Outdoor Denim marker sets to color them in. It's still a little hard to tell from the picture, but I stamped the little snowflakes from the Ornamental Cheer stamp set above my snowmen and used our Clear Detail embossing powder on them.  After I heat set them, I used a sea sponge and lightly swirled on some Sky ink.  The cardstock colors are Dutch Blue (retired) and Sky.  The sentiment is from the Pear and Partridge cardmaking WOTG.  I stamped it in Dutch Blue.  The frame is a cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartrdge (page 26, I use this one all the time, but I can never seem to find it unless I mark it..lol). I cut the white on the layer  function and used the fallout from that cut to put on the blue which is cut from the regular shape.  That way I can raise my sentiment for some dimension instead of it being framed in.  It gives the same look but going a different direction,  if that makes sense.    I had some blue ribbon in my stash that just happened to match and topped off my bow with a bling gem from the Boutique Assortment.  That's it, three merry little snowmen.  Oh, how dare I forget.....prisma glitter!   One cannot have happy snowmen without prisma glitter snow :) 

I'm going to try a couple of more combinations of color for these little guys, so check back soon.  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Happy Scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment