Friday, December 28, 2012

A Simple Valentine

As much as I love Christmas, I'm giving the Christmas crafts a rest.  It's time to move on to what's next.  I have made the transition from Christmas to Valentine's.  I just recently received my Whoo's Your Valentine kit, CTMH's constant campaign for this month and next,  and it is adorable.   Here's a  simple Valentine's day card I made.


This is on a 5x7 black card base.  I embossed the White Daisy cardstock with a dotted background.      I then punched a 2" circle on the right side.  The ribbon is from the retired Tulip Mini Medley.  The heart is a Dimensional Elements Heart that I inked with Tulip ink and a dauber.  The little silver tag is from a set of  curling tags I found on clearance at some point.  I tied my bow around my White Daisy, adhered my little tag that says "I Love You", and then used 3d foam tape to attach it all to the card base.  I then used glue dots and attached my heart in the openting.  I used our Silver Metallics Marker and a ruler and made the silver outline around the front. I absolutely love these metallic markers.  I find myself using them all the time.   Voila!  Simple and sweet valentine's card.   Here's the inside. 


I used the Whooo's Your Valentine stamp set from the  kit for the sentiment and the hearts on the inside.  They are all stamped in Tulip ink.  I used the same marker and drew a simple line around the inside sentiment just to dress it up a little bit.  

I think I am off to do more hearts.  Thanks for stopping by.   

Have a happy new year and stay safe! 




2 comments: