Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Gift Card Holders

I hope everyone has had a wonderful and safe Christmas.  Last night, at the last minute, of course, I decided I needed a gift card holder.  It was really going to be more of a "Thank You" than a Christmas gift, but a combination of both.  I found some really pretty Christmas paper that was soft muted wine, pink, and greens.  To be honest, it didn't really strike me as Christmas paper, so it was perfect.  I had watched a video from Kristina Werner where she made these cute little gift card holders and I thought I would try one of my own.  In the midst of making my little holder the light bulb came on, we have gift card holders on the new Artisite Cricut cartridge.  I ended up making one of each.


The one on the left is a simple tri-fold card that measures 3.25 x4.25 finished. The bottom lip folds up and is secured with two brads which becomes a nice little pocket to put the gift card in.   The one on the right is cut from the Artiste at 5".  After I finished the first one, I realized I really did like this paper and hmm...this might would work for Valentine's day as well.  So the gift card holder on the right turned out to be a Valentine's gift card holder.   Here's the inside. 


I have no idea where this patterned paper came from, but I love the colors. I used Kraft for my bases and Cotton Candy and Ruby ink.  That's our seam binding ribbon on the front of both cards.  I outlined both card fronts with our silver metallics marker for a little faux stitching.   Very simple cards, quick and easy.  The heart on the front is Cotton Candy cardstock embossed with my new Big Kick (my Christmas toy!).  I have a feeling you will be seeing a lot more embossing :)

That's it for tonight. I just wanted to share those quick and easy card holders.  Thanks for stopping by.  

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment