Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Clean and Simple Day 1


 Yes...like everything else in my life, I'm a little behind.  Day 1 of the class was Monday.   And it's now Wednesday.   This is the first class like this I have taken and I must say it's very fun and informative.  I just have to wait until the evenings to try to create the cards.  I need more hours in the day!

Here are a few of the cards I created from the Day 1 class.   I didn't have a lot of the materials that they used, but I had several things that were comparable, so I made it work.   I don't have a mask for spraying, so I created my own with strips of paper.  I used Cocoa reinker in one of CTMH's spritzer bottles and it worked wonderfully.


The first one I did I wasn't completely sure I liked the sentiment. I wanted something on the banner and I couldn't find what I wanted so I tried writing it with a gel pen.  I had already done two backgrounds while I was spraying so I just started over with a different sentiment and left the banner blank. 


I think I like this one better.  This was my second try on this card as well.  Practice makes perfect, right?  You can't really tell from the picture, but the card face is cut apart and adhered with 3d foam tape to give some dimension.  

The one below was pretty simple as well.  I cut the word bubble from the Artiste cartridge and stamped it with the Word Balloons stamp set from the Cricut collection.  I embossed it with our silver embossing powder.  I used the Silver Glitz Gel to make the little dots around the bubble.  I used the In the Background stamp set for the stripes across the top of the card.  


These were all I got done from the Day 1 of class.  I haven't even begun to look at Day 2 classes.  

Thanks for stopping by.   I'll get to work on my homework and get more posted soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment