Saturday, January 5, 2013

Owl Always Love You

This is the last of the cards I had made last weekend.


It's a 5x7 Kraft card base. I used the Whooo's Your Valentine stamp set for the owls.  I cut the big heart and the branch for the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  The heart is Hollyhock and the card face is Colonial White.  The leaves were punched with two different sized Marvy punches out of Sweet Leaf and Olive cardstocks.  Again, hard to tell from the picture, but I used the lightest color sparkle from the Brown and Tan Sparkle Assortment for the owls' eyes.  I used my embossing stylus and my scoring board and embossed a frame around the card face.

Very easy and simple design with very little stamping.  Oh, the owls were stamped on Colonial White cardstock in Champagne, Hollyhock, and Chocolate.  I daubed the color onto my stamps.  The inside sentiment I used the computer and simply typed out, "Owl always love you," and "Happy Valentine's Day."

Speaking of simplicity, I made probably my most simple Valentine's yet.  I had cut two hearts from Hollyhock when I made the card above, so I used the leftover to make this card below.


I simply glued the heart on a standard white card base.  I stamped the sentiment from the Whooo's Your Valentine stamp set.  I outlined the card face with our Silver Metallic Marker (<--- love these!).  Then, I adhered a tiny white bow I made with some ribbon from my stash.  Voila!  Couldn't be any easier.  

That's it for the Valentine's cards, so far.  Remember the Whooo's Your Valentine kit will be available to order for only $10 with every $35 qualifying purchase until the end of January.  If you have any questions or would like to order, stop by my website or drop me a line. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Scrapping!



1 comment: