Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pink Butterfly and Frames Flair

In the new upcoming Spring/Summer book, which will go live February 1, they have some new frames stamp sets.  I fell in love with one called Frames Flair (D1546).  It's a set of four detailed fancy frames.  I saw a card on Pinterest (shocking, I know..lol) done by a Jo Dumbleton, I believe.  It was beautiful, soft and delicate.  It served as my inspiration for this card.


This card was super simple.  It's a White Daisy card base with a strip of Cotton Candy cardstock.  I embossed the cardstock with my Swiss Dots embossing folder and then lightly sanded to get my polka dotted effect.  I used the border stamp from the Snowflakes stamp set on either side of the strip, stamped in, you guessed it, Cotton Candy.  I used the new Frames Flair stamp for the frame.   It coordinates with the Art Philosophy cut on page 62 and it's cut at 2 1/4".  Perfect for the standard sized  card.   The butterfly is the shape from page 41.  I just cut two in different sizes and layered them.  The soft pink ribbon is some I had in my stash.  But the gem in the middle is from our new Pink Glitter Gems (Z1807), also available on February 1.  

I didn't put a sentiment on this card because I thought it could have different uses.  It could be a baby card,  or a birthday card, or a super sweet something or another card.  I think I am going to try this card design in some different papers and see what I can come up with.  I really just love the frame.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment