Monday, March 25, 2013

More Pattern Play Inspired Cards

Being the first day of Spring break and it's gorgeous outside, I'll make this quick.   I still had paper on my desk with the intention of doing some homework from the Pattern Play card class.   It was a fabulous class with a great deal of information and inspiration. 

I had some more K&Co. paper that I wanted to play with.  It, too, had a really large flower pattern, so I thought I try it as a paneled card.  


I loved the soft yellow in this paper.  The darker pink portions are a metallic and really catch the light.  You can't do too much embellishing, so I cut out a little circle from some coordinating paper and coated it with Liquid Glass.  I punched a tiny butterfly and added some Bitty Sparkles.  The sentiment is from A Friend Like You stamp set from Close to My Heart, stamped in Whisper ink.  

The next card was so fun to make.  This is truly a scrap card.  It's little bits of paper from several different sheets from Heidi Grace.  This is my take on Jennifer McGuire's card on the bonus day from the Pattern Play class.


The whole idea was to take patterned papers and alter them to use them together.  I added black and white lines to the striped pattern.  I added little white dots to the green paper.  I threw in some Stardust Glitter Glitz here and there.  I punched out a couple of hearts.  The larger one was from the reverse side of one of these papers and I coated it with Liquid Glass.  The smaller one is from white cardstock and I coated it with Stardust Glitter Glitz.   The sentiment was a little Studio G stamp.  This was a super fun card. 

Thanks for stopping by. Maybe I'll get some more time to work on more cards this week. One can only hope!



2 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are super nice. The papers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards & colors in your cards. So glad that we could get all these good tips from the class!

    ReplyDelete