Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pattern Play Wrap Up with Scraps

The last day of the Pattern Play class was over a week ago, but I am just now getting my pictures uploaded.  The last day was a wrap up day where Jennifer McGuire showed some beautiful cards made with paper scraps.  I thought that was definitely worth a try.  I mean, who doesn't have scraps?

Someone had given me a stack of paper not too long ago and I didn't really know what to do with it, because it was paper. I am used to working with cardstock.  The patterns and colors were very pretty.  This was a perfect way to use these.


The most time consuming part is actually cutting the paper strips and gluing them all together.  But once your paper is made it goes a long way.  These little squares are 1 3/4".  I rounded the corners and attached them using 3d foam tape onto a standard kraft card base.  The sentiment is from A Friend Like You stamp set and was stamped with versamark ink  and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The wooden flower is from the Color-Ready Garden Wooden Shapes collection. 


This is another card made with strips of the same scrappy paper as the one above.  This one is also of Jennifer McGuire's design.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and stamped in Desert Sand ink.  I used a clear glitter pen and carefully traced over the stamped sentiment.  I absolutely loved the result.  It turned my Desert Sand ink into glittering gold.   The flower is another shape from the Color-Ready Garden Wooden Shapes collection.  The little enamel pearlie things were from my stash. 

I foresee me making more scrappy paper in the future.  It is a perfect way to use several scraps of different papers that you might not would use on the same page, but when put together have a really nice effect.  I have a few more of these cards using this same paper that I hope to have posted this week, so check back soon.  

Thanks for stopping in!


3 comments: