Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Card

Previously, I posted a card I had made with the Simon Says Stamp May card kit as a part of the His & Hers online card class.  I kept looking at the card and I just wasn't happy with it.  So I salvaged my water-colored roses by cutting them out of the original card face and reinventing the card.


The roses are from the SSS stamp set Best Mom Ever.  I stamped them on watercolor paper and used CTMH Blush and Cotton Candy inks, along with my waterbrush to color them. I used Olive for the leaves in the same manner.    The banner is also a stamp from that set along with the sentiment. I stamped them in CTMH Black Ink on White Daisy cardstock.  I used Black Shimmer Trim from CTMH to jazz up the banner a little bit.   Since I had some sparkle on the banner I decided to add some to the roses with CTMH Prisma Glitter.    I mounted the card face on a Black cardstock top-fold card base I had cut.  A simple card with a simple design and plenty of sparkle.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  The inside sentiment simply says, "Happy Mother's Day."  

Thanks for stopping by.  For all you mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!  Have a wonderful weekend!



1 comment:

  1. This card is VERY beautiful. I like the way the color of the flowers compliments the elegance of the card colors. You did a great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete