Friday, May 3, 2013

Sympathy for Him

Day 3 of the His & Hers class focused on sympathy cards.  I try to keep some sympathy cards on hand.  Sadly I have a need for them more often than I would like.  I do struggle with trying to keep them gender neutral at the least.  Heather Nichols had a great card that featured a little pocket on the inside to put another little card in, like a prayer card.  I thought it was a really neat idea.  Here's my "his" card.


The card ends up being a standard size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. It starts out a tri-fold.  But you secure the right side to make a pocket to hold your inside card.  I used kraft for my base.  I stamped the leaf images from the Fall Harvest stamp set in Red Barn, Olive, and Goldrush inks.  The sentiment is from Card Chatter - Sympathy stamped in Cocoa ink.  I covered my right side folded piece with a piece of New England Ivy cardstock and attached a strip of brown grosgrain ribbon.  I added two brads.  Instead of using them to secure it with I used large glue dots.  That way the ends of my brads would not be on the backside of my card.  Here's the little card inside. 


I used the same images and ink and stamped on a smaller Colonial White piece.  The sentiment on this little card is from the Family Tree stamp set.  I then stamped another sentiment from the card chatter set on the inside of the actual card itself. 


I really liked this idea.  I foresee more of these in my future.  I like the little card tucked inside.  As I was making this I was thinking of bookmarks, gift cards, or even trinket gifts in a smaller envelope that could be tucked in here for all different occasions. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Back to more homework!

Happy Scrapping! 



No comments:

Post a Comment