Saturday, July 13, 2013

Live to Dance!

This is the fourth layout from my convention album. I do believe this one is my daughter's favorite.  Although they are all about her, this is about her and what she loves: dance.   I love the song by Lee Ann Womack, I Hope You Dance.  I quoted the first verse of the song and put it on the page.   I thought it just kind of fit.  It sums up the message I want to give her on how I hope she lives her life. And that's what the album theme was, "Live!"

 


I used the chevron paper from the For Always paper pack with Lagoon and Cranberry.  The border stamp is actually from the Snowflakes stamp set.  The pictures are from  her dances throughout the years and all the costumes were different in color, so I printed the pictures in  black and white.  After getting the pages put together I just felt it was a little bland.  I took a chance and tried something new for me, I tinted the photographs with our alcohol markers. It worked beautifully.  I actually used the Twilight marker ( I didn't have Lagoon) and Cranberry.  The colors worked out great.  I just highlighted parts of her on the pictures to make her stand out and give color. 


I cut the title out of our black glitter paper.  It really does cut wonderfully on the Cricut.  The Live is a cut from the Artiste Cricut cartridge.  The dance is the font from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I used Cricut Craft Room and welded them together.  I felt like it got a little lost on the page so I just hand cut the white paper behind it to make it stand out more.  The flowers were from the Artiste cartridge as well.  I stamped them with the Hello Blooms stamp set and used 3d foam tape to stack them up.  

I only have one more layout left from the album.  I'll try to have it up tomorrow.  And as always, thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!






 

1 comment: