Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Week 2 Day 1

I haven't had time to do much this week, but I wanted to try some of the card assignments from Summer Card Camp 2 for Week 2.  I did manage to get a round one done from day 1.   The color palette this week is a light blue, two shades of green and a brown.  I went with Close to My Heart inks in Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Topiary and Cocoa.  Kristina did her card with a watercolor resist.  I just used my inks as watercolor to color in my background.


I used a floral background stamp from Hero Arts.  I stamped it in Rich Cocoa Memento ink onto our Colonial White circle  card base.  I then used my CTMH inks and my blending pen and colored in my flowers and leaves.  I used our Gold Embossing powder to emboss the sentiment on vellum.  The sentiment is from our new A size stamp set Sincere Expressions.   It will be available for purchase on August 1.  

I wasn't sure about the vellum banner.  It just seemed lacking to me.  I added the little pieces of paper and the sparkle because I thought it just needed something.  I couldn't find anything I liked for ribbon or twine.  It's a bit random, but maybe it worked. 

That's it for tonight.  Thanks for stopping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment