Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Birthday Cheer

Birthday Cheer is one of the new stamp sets in the current idea book that are in the Jeanette's Archives collection.  These are stamps that were originally released in rubber years ago that are now being re-released in acrylic.  I love these stamps!


I stamped the image on White Daisy cardstock and used my CTMH alcohol markers to color in.  This one was colored with Cotton Candy, Buttercup, Sky, and Pear. 



I used our Glitz Glitter Gel to put the icing on the cake and glitter up the stars.  I really couldn't see doing a lot of anything else to the card because the stamp itself is so decorative.   The possibilities are really endless with these stamps.  Here's another one I colored in Cranberry, Buttercup, and Sky.


This one is a top fold card that I cut a little bit narrower than standard size.   After I embossed the card face, I attached it to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Cranberry cardstock.   I glittered this one up in the same manner. 


On both cards I attached my stamped piece to my card front with 3d foam adhesive just to give it a little dimension.  

Both of these cards are of very simple design.   The coloring is the only part that takes any time and with our alcohol markers, it doesn't take long at all.   You could personalize this card for the recipient in their favorite colors.  

When I get a stamp like this I stamp it out several times and color on them when I have some spare time.  Then I have several images ready to make cards. 

Just to add to my love for this stamp, it's only $6.95!  If you haven't checked out the new idea book you can do that here.  This new book has several very affordable stamp sets.  If you are looking to get started in stamping or just want to expand your collection, there are many stamp sets under $10.  As always, if you have any questions or would like to host a gathering or workshop, please feel free to contact me or you can visit my website, here

Don't forget for the month of August, when you order $50 or more you get the stamp of the month, a Chocolate Affair for FREE!   That's a $17.95 value, for free.  

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment