Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Babycakes

Babycakes is another one of the new paper packs featured in the Autumn/ Winter idea book.  I really love the polka dots in this paper pack.  The colors are gender neutral, leaning towards masculine, but I think it's a very versatile pack.  I have seen some darling baby things made with it and I have seen some not so baby things.  It just so happens I used it to make some baby cards.  This was card #4 at my workshop this past weekend.  


The colors in this paper pack are Buttercup, Slate, Chocolate, Sunset and Colonial White.  I found I liked Whisper with it better than the Slate in the cards I was making.  I used the B is for Baby  and Wild Wonders stamp sets.  They are both new sets featured in the new idea book.  The little giraffe from the Wild Wonders stamp set is stamped in Buttercup on its corresponding Cricut cut-out from the new Artbooking cartridge.  I used our blending pen and our Chocolate ink and painted in his little spots.  The little sparkly button doodad is from the Babycakes Assortment.   I finished it with a little natural hemp and that was it.  It was a relatively simple card.  Hand painting the giraffe was a little time consuming, but I think worth it.  I took the stamping to the inside of the card as well.



The sentiment and rattles are from the B is for Baby stamp set.  After stamping in Chocolate ink, I again used my blending pen, and lightly colored the rattles in with Buttercup and Sunset inks.  Because I used the inks to paint on the color on the inside of the card, there was no bleed through on the back.  

I made a couple of more cards while I was working with this paper.  I loved the little rattle stamp and wanted to see what I could do with it. 


The bows on the cards are from the Artiste cartridge and the scalloped edge was made using our new scalloped edge border punch.   The other papers in the pack are great, but I fell in love with the polka dots.  

That's it for tonight.  Don't forget you only have a couple of weeks left to take advantage of Close to My Heart's National Stamping Month special.  Three full size stamp sets for only $10 when you make a $50 qualifying purchase.  Click here to check it out! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Scrapping!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment