Monday, October 28, 2013

My Last Polar Bear Card

This is the last of my little polar bear cards that I made.  I'm sure I'll be making more because they are so stinking cute.  This little guy was sledding and I wasn't really sure how I was going to incorporate him into a Christmas card.  In my striving for the easily mailed, yet dimensional Christmas cards, this is what I came up with.


I guess it can't count as a one layer card, because I do have my little polar bear on 3d foam tape, but it's close!  This one is pretty much all stamping and I think it's my favorite so far.  The card is a standard size card base, but it's left fold.   I used the Polar Bear Holiday stamp set for the bear, of course, and the snowflakes.  The border and the bottom snowflakes were from the Frosted WOTG cardmaking kit.  The sentiment is from the Merry and Bright stamp set.  I used the Ruby and Juniper alcohol markers and inks.  I used our silver metallic marker to draw the double line in the border.  I added some bitty sparkles to the snowflakes and that was it.  Ta da!

I am hung up on this color palette. I seem to do this every year.  I get one combo stuck in my head and then make all my Christmas cards accordingly.   I'm sure I'll have more in the making, but I am going to try to get some Thanksgiving cards done before it actually becomes Thanksgiving...lol. Oh, I do get distracted by shiny things :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love this card! I have been struggling with what to do with this stamp set for a while but you have inspired me to take it out and start using it. I used your card as a guide to get started. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete