Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The First Christmas Card of the Season!

I'm not sure it's technically 'the season' yet, but it's the first Christmas I have made this year..lol.  I'm just getting warmed up!   I  got my new Sparkle and Shine paper pack and all the other goodies from the new mini catalog last week.  This past weekend I got to make a few Christmas cards with them.  I am in love with this color palette.


The stamps are from the Frosted cardmaking WOTG.   I cut about 1/2 inch off the front of the card face and then used our new scalloped edge border punch.  I really like the little scallops.  The strip of Ruby cardstock is on the inside of the card.  It's pulling double duty by decorating the inside of the card as well.   I used Juniper ink and stamped the trees in first and second generation stamping.  The sentiment is stamped in Ruby.  I used our silver metallic marker and added the lines above and below the border stamp and below the sentiment.  I added a couple of sparkles and called it done.  

This card was very quick and easy.  My favorite kind.  I think the next one I make I will try dusting the trees in some prisma glitter.   Another plus to this card is it's a one layer card, making it easily mailed.   

That's it for tonight.  I'll be getting more posted soon.  Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Stacy :-) I love the whole design of this ,, simply stunning !! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete