Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas Penguins

A quick post tonight.  Before  the OCC Holiday Workshop started I had made this card and didn't get a chance to post it.  While out and about Christmas shopping with my friend, Kim, we stumbled upon this darling wood mounted stamp by Stampendous called Penguin Pair.  The minute I saw it I knew I had to have it.  



Aren't they just stinking cute?  I went back and forth with putting a frame around this circle window I cut into my card front.  I finally ended up with just doing some faux stitching with a fine tip journaling pen.  The sentiment is from Close to My Heart's  Ornamental Cheer stamp set. I colored the penguins with Copics markers.  I realized after I had colored them that they needed some color on this white card, so I trimmed the card down 1/8" on each side and then 1/4" on the bottom and mounted the whole card onto a standard sized piece of red cardstock.  

Here on the inside, you can see all of this cute little couple. The inside sentiment is from the Merry & Bright stamp set. 


That's it for tonight. I just wanted to share my little penguins.  I am still enamoured with them, so you may not have seen the last of them.  

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday this Thanksgiving.  Thanks for stopping by !






No comments:

Post a Comment