Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy Autumn Card

Happy Autumn is a stamp set that appeared in the new Autumn/Winter 2013 idea book.  I did a couple of cards using this set for a workshop a few months ago.  I really love the flowers in the set.  It's also a perfect compliment to the Huntington paper pack.


I thought I would try something different.  I do like cards that open/close differently, although, I'm not really a fancy-fold kind of girl.  I love to look at them, just not make them..lol.  This is kind of a tri-fold card.  I'm sure there's a name for it out there somewhere.  You can see how it opens below. 



I used Barn Red, Olive, and Colonial White cardstocks.  The sentiment and the flower were stamped using the Happy Autumn stamp set.  I used Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, and Goldrush inks for the flower.  I used Olive and New England Ivy on the leaves.  You can't really tell from the picture, but I also used my Wink of Stella glitter brush and kind of traced the tips of the petals.  It gives a great little shimmer to the flower.   I added a three little sparkles from the brown and tan collection.  I used one of each color.  


The inside sentiment was from the Perfect Fit - Thanksgiving stamp set.  I stamped the frame in Desert Sand and the sentiment in Barn Red.   

There really isn't a lot to this card, but I think it turned out quite nicely.  I love the fall colors in the Huntington paper pack.  I think I am going to try a few more Thanksgiving cards so be sure to check back soon. 

As always, if you have any questions about the products I used or would like to purchase any of them for yourself, please visit me at www.stacyburch.ctmh.com.    

Thanks for stopping by !



2 comments: