Tuesday, December 17, 2013

More Whimsy for Christmas

I got a few new stamps from Whimsy Stamps and I have just been dying to use them.  This past weekend I stamped up several images and tried coloring them in all different ways.   I originally was going to try my hand at distress marker watercoloring.  But for the life of me, I can't seem to make that work.  I'm sure it's operator error, but I'm going to blame the paper!  I'll try that again at a later time.  I had stamped this little image on watercolor color paper, so I used my watercolor pencils to color her in.    This Wee stamp is called Berry.   Isn't she cute?


This is a 5x7 card I cut from White Daisy cardstock. I stamped my image using Versafine Onxy Black ink on some 140# cold press watercolor paper I got from HL.   I used both my CTMH and Derwent watercolor pencils to color her in. And even though you can't see it in the photo, I used my clear Wink of Stella glitter brush on her scarf and boot cuffs. (I'm absolutely in love with my Wink of Stella glitter brush!) I think it gives just the right amount of delicate sparkle.  I cut out several snowflakes using my new Simon Says Stamp snowflakes dies.  These dies cut beautifully. I used Ashlynn, Kate, Eliza, and Maryanne (yes, these are snowflake names, how cute!) Some I cut from White Daisy cardstock and then brushed on some Mod Podge and dusted them with CTMH's Prisma Glitter.  I added a couple of small sparkle flourishes from CTMH along with some ribbon and roses from my stash.  The sentiment is from the CTMH stamp set Christmas Love and is stamped in Crystal Blue.   



I was trying another angle to see if it would pick up more sparkle.  Not sure I was successful, but I tried.  This card was a different kind of card for me, but it was certainly fun to make.  Because my card has snowflakes I'll be entering it on the SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog.   The theme this week is "Let it Snow!"  

That's it for me tonight.  I'm hoping to have some more coloring and cards done soon. Back to the craft table for me!  

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Stacy :-) the image and icy blues and whole design is fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete