Saturday, January 11, 2014

Anniversary Keepsake Box

Today is one of those days when you really don't want to get out of your pj's.  It's rainy and overcast outside and just generally, blah.   Thank goodness it's always sunny in blogland, so here I am :)

I just had a quick post to share my latest creation.  Yesterday, was a special day. For starters, it was the anniversary of my 29th birthday.  Yes, I'm still holding on to that :) But even warranting more celebration, it was my downline's 50th wedding anniversary.  How amazing is that?  Birthdays come every year, but a 50th wedding anniversary, that's a once in a lifetime thing.  I wanted to do something special, and a little different than just a card.  A fellow CTMH consultant, Kathy Skipper, had shared some of her altered boxes on her youtube channel.  I thought they were just the neatest things, so I gave it a go.


I found the box at Michael's.  Originally, I was going to cover the whole box with our paper, but I really did like the look of the box, so I just added to it.  I used all kinds of things to make this box.  I'll try to list them all at the end.   


This is the side view.  The lighter paper is White Daisy cardstock and I used Champagne ink to give the edges an aged appearance.   The little purple flower is a retired charm from CTMH. 

I wanted some way to really personalize the box, so I put a little place on the inside to add a picture.  


The idea was to have something they could put bits and pieces of how they celebrated their 50th anniversary into.  I thought it was a neat way to collect ephemera from a special occasion.   

Here's a look from another angle that shows all the sides. 


I have a feeling I will be doing more of these.  It was certainly fun and a pleasant change of pace.  Making all the little flowers could be quite therapeutic in the right environment. 

That's it for today.  I hope everyone's day is less soggy than ours here in the panhandle.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Happy Anniversary Ms. Barbara!

Papers:  White Daisy, Gold Glitter Paper-CTMH;  for the flowers - Coredinations by Darice
Inks:  Black, Champagne - CTMH
Die cuts:  Artiste, Artbooking - CTMH; banners - SSS; Iron Work Accents, Labels 22, Marvelous Squares -SB
Other stuff:  liquid glass, glue dots, black sparkly 



No comments:

Post a Comment