Thursday, January 30, 2014

OCC Stenciled - Day 3

We had another day off due to weather..yay. Well, not yay, that it was bad weather, but yay I didn't have to go to work :) The day here has been rather nice.  Any day home where I can make cards is a nice day in my opinion.

I'm still working on some cards from the OCC - Stenciled class.  Day 3 was using stencils with embossing pastes and powders.  I have had some embossing paste for a while and never had a chance to try it out.  Today I seized the opportunity.


This card was inspired by a card from Debby Hughs.  Her card had a misted background, which I loved, but didn't have the colors I wanted in re-inkers.  I used my dauber and added Cotton Candy and Honey inks to one side of my card.   The colors are a little off in the picture, but close.  I used my Falling Snow stencil from SSS, but instead of using it top to bottom I turned it on its side so that the largest concentration of dots was on my left instead of top.  My embossing paste was Studio 490.  I had never used it before.  What I did learn is that even though it is white, it picks up the color from ink you put it on.  Maybe not if it was misted, but applied like I have it did.  I wasn't displeased with the outcome, just a little surprised. You can barely see the dots in the background in this picture, but there is much more dimension in person.  The butterfly is a SSS die called Leanna and the flower is from Memory Box, called Fresh Foliage. I used Hero Arts white embossing powder to emboss my sentiment on some vellum.  I also have a new found friend in Kool Tak clear foam adhesive, which I used to attach my vellum.  I added a few pearls and called it done. 


The card above was done just the opposite of the first one.  Using my ink pad and I stamped directly on my craft sheet and then put the embossing paste  into the puddle where I had stamped.  After swirling it around on the sheet it picked up the ink color beautifully.  I used Sorbet and Creme Brulee inks to color the paste.  I used the same stencil as above in the same manner.  Using both colors in the paste gave it a an ombre coloring to the dots.  I really liked it and it's fun.  I used Sorbet and Creme Brulee cardstock for the banners and scalloped circle.  The butterfly is the Leanna die again.  This time I used two layers of cardstock so the die didn't quite cut all the way through.  This allowed me to have the designs without the fallout.  I used my inks and daubers and colored his wings.   I really wasn't sure what kind of card I wanted this to be.  I ended up with a birthday sentiment embossed on vellum.  I didn't have any matching pearls, so I used my Sorbet alcohol marker from CTMH and colored a plain white pearl.  Works wonderfully when you need one to match. 

That's it for now.  I have a couple of more things I want to try out before the day is up.  Thanks for stopping by !


No comments:

Post a Comment