Saturday, February 8, 2014

Balloon Ride

Evening everyone!  I have another layout and some cards I wanted to share with you from the new Balloon Ride paper pack.  When I looked at this in the book, I thought it was pretty, but wasn't totally taken by it.  When it arrived and I saw in it person, I had a whole new opinion.  The colors in this paper pack are so soft and subtle.  I knew I wanted to do a layout for the open house and when I saw the papers I remembered some  portraits I had done of my daughter long ago. I thought they would work wonderfully.


This layout is very much akin to the one in the idea book which is the Workshop on the Go layout for this paper pack. It can also be found in the Make it from Your Heart How-to book we have.  I didn't have the WotG for this one so, I used the complements, instead.  

Adjacent to the paper pack in the book is a stamp set called Give a Lift.  I loved the vintage look of these stamps.  I couldn't wait to color some.  I ended making two cards with them. Although, I have them posted with this paper pack, these cards are primarily stamped.  They do use the same colors as the paper pack and have the same theme, so to speak. 


This one does have a small strip of the patterned paper from the pack.  I stamped the image in Rich Cocoa Memento ink and used our watercolor pencils and inks to color in the image. 

The background in the card below was made by using a dauber and Crystal Blue ink on Colonial White cardstock.  I then used the sentiments in the stamp set and stamped repeatedly across the paper in Saddle ink. This image is colored in the same manner as the one above.  


I'll be playing more with these images later I am sure.  I just love the antique feel they have. 

That's it for me tonight.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. The cards are lovely and the layout is WOW! It makes me want to scrapbook, like, right this second. Beautifully done! :-) -B

    ReplyDelete