Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fairy Valentine

Happy Saturday my blog friends!  Some of you may still be on a chocolate high leftover from Valentine's Day and that's okay.  I won't judge :)  Today, I wanted to share with you a card I had made for Valentine's Day.  I fell in love with this image from the first time I saw it and knew I had to do something with it.


The image is from Lili of the Valley stamps, a UK company.  I don't remember how I stumbled on their site, but I am so glad I did.  Their images are sooo sweet.  And they ship worldwide for FREE!  How awesome is that?  They are unmounted rubber stamps, but I don't mind. 

I stamped this image on watercolor paper with Stazon ink and used my distress markers and an aqua brush to color her in.   I mounted her with 3d foam tape onto a piece of red cardstock from my stash and affixed them to the front of my Neenah Desert Storm card base.  I didn't have a sentiment that fit what I wanted to convey, so I typed my message and then die cut it.  Very simple card.  

Lili of the Valley has a challenge blog, too. This month the challenge is Name that Tune.  This image makes me think of the song, Wind Beneath My Wings.  Maybe because it was intended for someone special and both characters have wings.    Although, it could be for any occasion, this one was created for Valentine's Day.   Also, because its card base is kraft, I'll be entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Get Krafty.  

I still have some more Valentine's cards to post.  I realize it's a little late, but I still wanted to share. I hope to get them up in the next few days.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! Such a pretty image! Great coloring too!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is beautiful. I wish I could pull off this pared down style. I love it. Lx

    ReplyDelete