Tuesday, March 18, 2014

OCC Day 7 - Thank You

It seems as though, I'm a bit behind...lol.  Even though the class is giving us a few extra days to get some cards made, it seems I'm still falling behind.   I tend to bounce around anyway.  I guess my AAADD kicks in.  I'm terribly distracted by shiny things!

Day 7  class featured a card by Kristina Werner that used a Copic colored piece of vellum behind the negative space on the card front.  It was a lovely effect. I didn't have any vellum on hand, but I did have Copic markers and a great "thank you" die from Hero Arts.   The heart dies are from Lawn Fawn.


I cut my card base as a side fold landscape standard A2 card from White Daisy cardstock.  Because I didn't have the vellum, I colored another piece of White Daisy that was cut just a bit smaller than my card.  I then glued it to the back of my card front so the pretty colors could shine through.  I finished it off with a few iridescent sequins. 

This was a very simple and fairly quick card to do. You could really do a lot with this idea.  

That's it for me tonight.  I hope to be getting back to the craft table soon.  I have no less than four unfinished/half finished cards over there.  I see all these ideas in class and get started on one and then....oh shiny things!  Lol...as soon as I get them done, I'll be sure to share. 

Thanks for stopping by!  



No comments:

Post a Comment