Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Few Layouts in Ariana

Hello my blog friends!  It's June already!?!?!   Today was the last day of school for my daughter and honestly, I think I was looking forward to it as much as she was..lol.  This last month has been so hectic.   The good thing about having all these activities is it makes for good scrapbook material!  Now I just have to find the time to put it all together. 

Two major events she was involved in last month was a pageant and then her dance recital.  Both very scrapworthy.  I realized as I was trying to gather my goods to get organized that I have pictures from pageants and recitals past I haven't put into layouts yet.  I tried my best to get her pageant photos up to date since they were the fewest I had.  I broke out the Ariana paper pack to put a couple of pages together. 


I was a little unsure about this paper pack at first, although I loved the big florals. I have just never really used them.   I cut the title in CCR from the font on the Artiste cartridge.  After taking this picture I noticed I left off the "pageant" part of the title.   Oh well, it's fixable :) 


I found the next year's pageant photos and since I still had Ariana on my desk, I put together another one.   Same paper, totally different look.  On this one I used the Floral Happiness stamp set and second generation stamped some roses in Sorbet and Crystal blue for embellishments.   I really thought those roses from that set went well with the paper. 

I still have one more previous year and then this year's pageant to scrap.  Then that book will be caught up.  Woot!  I love to compile books of certain facets of our life and watch how people, styles, and places change over time.  I look at the layouts I did of her pageant photos from 2005 and then this is what I'll be working with nine years later.  Quite a change!


I can't wait to get these photos together and ready to do layouts.  I'm thinking Skylark may be a promising paper pack based on color.  I'll be sure to share when I get them done.

That's all for me tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!  I'm hoping that things have settled down enough I can get back to crafting, and posting, more often.  Until then.....

Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment