Monday, August 11, 2014

Love You to Pieces

Hello, my blog friends!  I'm behind as usual.  I have had so much going on lately, it seems I'll never get caught up.  School is about to start again, we had a new book go live, we have tons of new product, and I've been trying to get some Studio J caught up, not to speak of this work thing I have to do every day.   Busy, busy, busy!

For those of you who didn't know, Close to my Heart has released its Annual Inspirations book, instead of its semiannual idea book as it has done in the past.  


If you would like to peruse our new catalog, you can view it online by clicking here.   I feel certain you won't be disappointed. 

On to the crafty stuff!  I have been making some cards by request lately, I thought I would share one with you.  This card is made with the Stitched with Love stamp set, that was a part of Jeanette's Archive and now retired, again, and the Stitch Wonder (C1564) stamp set.


I had a co-worker who was giving a gift which was a mason jar full of Reeses Pieces with the idea of "love you to pieces."  I have been waiting to use this little girl on something for a while.  The gift was for her babysitter and I just thought it kind of fit.  I stamped the sentiment and the border stitching from the Stitch Wonder set in Chocolate, Canary (new color!), and a SSS ink called Orange Peel.  That way everything matched the Reeses pieces.  This little girl is actually colored with our now retired alcohol markers and Copics for the flesh tones. I fussy cut her and then popped her up on some 3d foam tape. Very simple and sweet. 

That's it for me tonight. Hope everyone has a great week!  Thanks for stopping by!   


No comments:

Post a Comment