Sunday, September 28, 2014

Copic Colored Butterfly Cards

Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing with you a couple of cards I made from some images I colored as a part of the Copic Coloring for Cardmakers Class from Online Card Classes.   This class has been great whether you have are just beginning with Copics or you have been coloring for a while, there is something for everyone. 

The butterflies were a part of a practice sheet for the day where we were practicing flicking and using tip to tip blending.   I wasn't crazy about my butterflies at first, but then when I put them on cards, they kind of worked.



The copic colors I used were Y00, Y11, YG13, and B04.  Although I used the same colors on both, they turned out differently.  Of course, when I got through coloring these, out of all the paper I had in my room, nothing seemed to match.  Am I the only one with that problem? lol. What I did end up finding was a 6x6 paper pad of Washi paper.  I had never used any and basically, forgotten I had it.  I found this great watercolored/ombre background in all the colors I needed.  I used one sheet and was able to do both cards.


Because I wanted the focus on the butterfly, I thought this background was subdued enough to work. I cut a couple of circles with Spellbinders dies and the banner is from Tilted Banners die set from Simon Says Stamp.   I stamped the sentiment in Pear ink using the Lifting Spirits stamp set.  The sequins were from a brand new package of sequins from SSS called Fall Festival.


Using the leftover strip from the washi paper I made this card.  The sentiment was cut using the Thanks on a Line die from SSS.  Because I didn't have any paper to match, I cut it from White Daisy cardstock and then used my Copic markers to color it.  I attached it just above the washi paper, adhered my butterfly with some 3d foam tape, and added some bling from my stash.  That was it. 

We have colored several other images in class.  If I create any more cards with them, I'll be sure to share.  That's it for me today.  I still have coloring homework.  When I'm taking OCC classes it's the only time I get excited about homework..lol.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: