Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It's a Hoe Down with Studio J

Hello everyone! I am still on the quest to catch up all my event albums.  I have one for each holiday and then specific things that reoccur, like pageants, recitals, band concerts, etc. Since my daughter started dance, it seems the amount of photos has increased with each recital.  That's not a bad thing, but I never could seem to get them organized enough to get them in the books.  What I have found that is working best for me right now is doing traditional layouts for her dance portraits and then using Studio J for the action/on stage pictures.  It saves a bunch of time for me, and money. 

For those who aren't familiar with Studio J, it's the online digital scrapbooking program from Close to My Heart.  There is no program to buy or anything to download.  You upload your pictures into it and create to your hearts content.  It's free to create.  You only pay when you decide you want to purchase your layouts. You get two pages (12x12) for only $6.95, which also includes the .jpegs and web viewable two page layouts like the ones I have posted below. 

Here's a couple of layouts from last year's recital.




I'm terribly indecisive.  Studio J allows me to put pictures in, take them out, resize, adjust, etc, instead of me printing them out over and over to get the size right.  And you have access to tons of paper packs and coordinating embellishments to choose from, current papers and retired.   So if there was some retired CTMH paper that you just absolutely loved but can no longer find, chances are it's still alive and well in Studio J.   

If you want to try Studio J for yourself you can follow any of the links throughout this post or click on the tab at the top of the page.  Remember it's free to create!  Give it a try!

That's it for me tonight.  I'm going to try to get some more Studio J done.  Maybe I'll get this year's recital finished.  I'll be sure to share when I do :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment