Thursday, October 9, 2014

Copic Christmas Card with Tiddly Inks

Hey everyone! I'm still having fun with my Copics. Thought I would share a Christmas card I made.  There were a few firsts in this card.  It was the first time I made an entire background with my markers.  It was also the first time I used Copic X-Press it Blending Card Paper.  And it was the first time I had used this precious stamp from Tiddly Inks.  They have such cute images. 


I'm not sure if this is considered a one layer card since it's a one layer piece on top of my card base, but it's close enough for me.  The X-Press It paper was different than any I had used before.  I'm undecided on whether I like it better than the papers I have been using or at least just as well.  I think it has it's place.  It's very smooth to the touch.  It behaves a little differently in blending.  In this card, I love the effect it has in the blue sky.  It almost has a textured look.  The more I blended the more texture I got.  Maybe it's just me.  You can't really tell from the photo, but I took my colorless blender and made little dots randomly in the background hoping for it to look like snow.  I couldn't help but add a little wink to my snowman, too.  This card took a little time to color,  but once the coloring was done there were no more decisions to make.  The card was done.  I do like it like that.   The less decisions I have to make, the better off I am..lol.

There are still a few more days of techniques and several more images from class to work with.  I'll be sure to share when I get more done. Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Love your card! Wow! I need to try a full background like this. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. After reading about the snowflakes in the background I was able to see them. :)

    ReplyDelete