Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dance Dance Dance

Yep, you guessed it.  I'm working on my dance recital book..lol.  I had finished a layout just before the OCC class started and never posted it, so I thought I would share with you now. 


This layout was all stash stuff.  I just happened to have some teal paper that matched the girls outfits. I knew I wanted to keep it relatively simply so I used only one sheet of random, loose black and white patterned paper.  I stamped the flourishes using the CTMH stamp set Swirls Around (retired) and the date with Glamour Lowercase stamp set.  I sprinkled some sequins, cut some flowers, punched some flowers,  tucked in some tulle, and that was it. 

In an earlier post I had mentioned that in my attempt to keep my books caught up, I had decided to scrap the portraits and then use StudioJ for the on stage/ action photos.   Here's another example.  This was from the same recital as the costumes from the portraits above.

If you have ever tried to take pictures of dancing children on a stage, then you understand my pain when you go back to find all your pictures have strange lighting and focal points.  And because of that, I probably wouldn't have printed all the pictures out.  But with StudioJ you can plug them in and see if they work or not for that size, color, etc.   It saves a lot of time and money in the printing department.

Here's another one from that recital.


If you haven't tried StudioJ I definitely recommend giving it a spin.  It's free to create.  There is nothing to download or to buy until you want to purchase your finished layout.  And to make it a more perfect time, starting on November 1st, StudioJ will be on sale for $5 for a two-page layout.  Needless to say, I have been steadily working on my backlog of pictures for every occasion..lol.  So far I have 12 layouts completed and waiting for November to get here. 

You can access StudioJ by clicking on the tab at the top of the page or the blinky thing on the right side of the page. Give it a whirl!

Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment