Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dragons Rule My Heart

Hello everyone!  I'm sure some of you have figured out by now, that I love things with wings.  Dragons included.  When I first saw this stamp from Tiddly Inks (Hello Pet), I knew it had to be mine.  This is actually the first time I have stamped it.  I have a friend that has a birthday coming up in December and she shares my same love for dragons.  So guess who's getting this card..lol. 


I'm still working on techniques and such from the OCC Copics for Cardmaking class.  Kristina Werner made the neatest background for one of her images creating a sort of banner behind her image.    I really liked the way it turned out.   Mine, eh, maybe not so much, but I'm going to keep trying.  I loved how she used her copics to make a lined border, too.  I ran out of room on this card front, but loved the idea, so I colored the edges of a white piece of cardstock in two of my violet colors and mounted my card face on that.  The fact that I don't have to choose paper to try to match the colors is a huge plus for me.   I used a little Wink of Stella (shocking I know!) on the dragons to give them a little sparkle.  I think I may go back and put some glossy accents on my hearts, too. They were cut from the SSS Holiday Shapes die.  I used my copics and colored a scrap piece of paper and ran it through my machine.  Voila! matching hearts. 

That's it for me tonight.  Thanks for stopping by.  I'm going to see what else I can color ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment