Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Christmas Shaker Card

Hello everyone!  I still have a couple of cards that I did for the OCC Holiday Workshop class.  I don't normally do interactive cards, but Chari Moss did one that was so cute I had to give it a try.  She did a shaker card with a little winter scene.  I didn't have the stamp set she used, but I did have several of the same types of stamps.  


You may recognize the little fox as one I colored for my Copics for cardmakers class.  I still had some images that I hadn't used yet and thought this would be a perfect opportunity.  The little birds are from the CTMH Perfect Fit Holidays stamp set.  I didn't have any stamps of trees, so I just drew my own with a Memento tuxedo black marker and then colored them in with my copics, too.  I cut all the elements out.  I cut my hills with the Lawn Fawn die set, Stiched Hillside Borders out of Daisy White cardstock.  The frame is from Dutch Blue cardstock.   I didn't have any rectangle dies to cut my window with so I used my classic squares.  I made the first pass and then moved my die down and cut the lower half.  Voila! a rectangle.   I robbed a stamp set of its carrier sheet for my clear acrylic sheet to put over my window to keep my shaky stuff in there.    For the light blue background, I used a dauber and carefully worked  some Sky ink in from the sides  It's hard to tell from the picture, but it worked well for the sky.  Using 3d foam tape I built my little box.  

For the shaker stuff inside, I used the fallout from a Martha Stewart snowflake border punch I had.   I thought it worked out perfectly.  It gave me four different tiny snowflakes and three or four super tiny stars with each punch.  I glued a couple of those snowflakes to my back panel so there would be snow even when everything shook down.  I threw in a couple of sequins in the mix for sparkle.   Here's a side view to show you the shaky stuff. (I'm sure that's a technical name :))


I thought it turned out pretty cute.  Now, would I mass produce these, no I would not..lol.  But they are fun for that special someone.  

That's it for me tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. That fox is so cute! Love your version of the shaker. I also love the birds in blue. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, I also love the birds in blue, and the cute little fox! :)

    ReplyDelete