Saturday, July 4, 2015

Gothic Pinup Flora

Happy 4th of July everyone!  It's been kind of a rainy, drizzly day here.  I hope the rest of you fared better.  Rainy days are good for something, though, and that's cardmaking!  Tiddly Inks has a Let's Go Gothic challenge going on right now and they are offering this little digi for free.  I love their images.  I'm not very practiced at the gothic feel.  I tend to make things cutesy.  Here is my attempt with Flora.


I printed her on Copic Xpress It Blending Card paper.  This was my first time printing on this paper and it did fine (I have an antiquated HP Photosmart, on some papers it does ok and some it does not).  I colored her with Copics.  She's on a 6x6 top fold card base made from CTMH black cardstock.  The printed paper for the background is from Gorjuss.  The striped paper is the Thistle striped paper from the CTMH fundamentals cardstock collection.  I used my dauber and went over it with Gypsy ink and then around the edges with Black.  The black leaves I cut using a new die set I have from Elizabeth Crafts called appropriately, Curvy Leaves.  I love it.  They are the perfect size for most of my leaf making needs. They were a part of my last Blitsy haul and were a great purchase. The roses are Recollections roses from my stash, as is the sparkly organza-like ribbon.  The sentiment is from Tiddly Inks, also, just from another set.  Last but not least, I made her sparkle a bit.  I  added some Wink of Stella to her feathers, some bitty rhinestones from CTMH on her hat, in her hair, and on her belt.  The black flourish is also from CTMH.  

That's it for me tonight.  I'll be posting this card in a few challenges, which I will list below. Thanks for stopping by! I wish everyone a happy, safe, and dry Fourth of July!

Challenges: 

Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog - Let's Go Gothic
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Leave a little sparkle everywhere you go
Artbymiran Challenge - Anything Goes


 

4 comments:

  1. Stacy, this card is gorgeous!!! Love the papers and your coloring! Thanks for joining us (again ;) ) over at Tiddly Inks this week! Love seeing your creations! Hugs xx
    Raluca - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing gothic card! I love the design and colors you used. Thank you for joining our challenge at Craft Your Passion...we hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loely! Fab card !
    Thanks for playing with us on Tiddly Inks Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Stacy! I really love purple and black together which gives its a great Gothic feel! Thanks for sharing with us at Tiddly Inks, hope to see you again soon! Pami x

    ReplyDelete