Sunday, July 24, 2016

Maria Mariposa Birthday Card

Hello everyone!  This week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge blog is "Things with Wings."  As many of you know, that is right up my alley :) I thought I would share a card I had made with Maria Mariposa from MiRan Jung.  This was my first digi stamp from ArtbyMiRan when I joined her progressive challenge.  I couldn't resist her,  she had wings!


This is a 5x7 side fold card.  The patterned paper I had left over from a SSS monthly card kit.  Sadly, I don't know which one.  Because it was a 6x6 sheet, it left a little white at each end.  I cut some thin strips for accent color and then made a little border with my CTMH border punch.  I colored the image with Copics to match the papers.   I stamped my sentiment onto a a little banner cut with SSS folded banner die.  I added a couple of punched flowers and a ribbon from my stash.   It was a relatively simple card by design. 

There are couple of challenges I will be entering her in, which I will list below.  I am still working on getting my scrapbooks caught up, so the cardmaking has really slowed :(  Hopefully, I will get back on track.  Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Things with Wings
ArtbyMiRan Challenge Blog - #63 Anything goes
Corrosive Challenge Blog - #7 nature/animals - flowers and butterfly fairy

5 comments:

  1. Love the cheery and happy colors! Lovely details indeed! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Things with Wings” Challenge! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card.. love your colouring on her.. and the background is beautiful too.. Thank you so much for joining our challenge #63 at Artbymiran Challenge blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. And Good Luck at the draw..

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty background paper! I love the color combo you chose for this!

    Thank you for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for our Animals/Nature challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... what for a stunning card you made... So amazing to see, how you used the great image... THANKS so much for playing with Art by Miran... Hugs Ute (DT)

    ReplyDelete